Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Break '08

I can not believe the kids are back in school already! We've been looking forward to this long vacation and it flew by way too fast. We did some fun things though, but of course, most of them I didnt' have my camera (some day I'll learn!).
Santa did well this year, Hallie & Janessa were very happy with their MP3 players. We no longer have their radio blasting to listen to, just thier sweet little off-tune voices :)!
I'm sure I've mentioned before that Tyson is in LOVE with Lighting McQueen. He got these little cars and nothing else mattered the rest of the day (if only I'd of known it could have been that easy!)My second son enjoyed Tyson's tent. Santa should have brought him a matching one, I guess... He kept trying to get Tyson to get in it :)Next we went to my parents who always spoil us way more that we deserve. Hallie & Janessa got Pixo's, among several other things...Tyson got an awesome train set with the table that is set up in his room, he & Andrew also put together his new Lincoln Logs.Here's Lynn with his big surprise. We were all anxious to watch him open this, it was tickets to an Atlanta Braves game, his favorite team. He was speachless! If you know him, you know how he loves sports (especially Hillcrest anything!!) It was a good day for him.Here's Marcie & Douglas, I can't believe my brother's getting married- Feb. 6th!! They're so cute & I'm excited for a new sister-in-law, she's super sweet.Later in the evening we went to my G&G Lords and the kids did another nativity, that I actually got a picture of!
This picture was a few days before Christmas when we got a major snow fall. I tried to shovel the driveway since Andrew was working so late but it was too deep for a shovel and I don't know how to run the snowblower. So we're in the kitchen having a snack and the kids heard this loud noise and go running to the window and my uncle had come and plowed our driveway with a tractor!! SO nice of him! The kids couldn't stop talking about it. Also, a few other things- we had Christmas Eve breakfast at G&G Davies and had a nativity there. New Years Day we went bowling with family. The weekend after Christmas Andrew's parents came and we had a great time with them. We also took the kids to Beverly Hills Chiwawa one day... other than these things I can't really think of what else we did:). This week is crazy also. My grandparents are taking us on a cruise this Sunday 'til the next, so we are busy getting ready for that and oh so grateful for Andrew's parents who are coming to stay with our kids! I swear it never slows down around here, but I wouldn't have it any other way...:)

13 comments:

  1. Yeay Christmas is over. We are just the opposite, I am so ready for Mal and Blake to go back to school! I love the lightning mcqueen tent. Andrew will have to come over and play with Bryan, I think his is spiderman!! Can't wait for the cruise....hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacey. Your blog is so cute! I especially loved reading and seeing the pictures of your girls days. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you get to go on a cruise! Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I love the look on Lynn's face. He is such a great guy. I am sure he will really enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun blog! I love your idea of a Day in a Kid's Life! Have fun on your cruise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you get to go on a cruise! I hope that you guys have a great time. It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you guys had such a great Christmas. Ity looks like the kids got spoiled! Where are the cute pictures of you? We have got to be seeing more of those! I think I am going to copy your day in the life of posts, they are so cute I can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Can you believe how busy the holidays were? I have a feeling it will never slow down either :) See ya tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Lost of fun stuff for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great but busy vacation with family! I hope you have a great time on the cruise. That is so fun! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love the picture of Andrew in the tent...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pictures! I miss Christmas already! :) I can't wait to see all your cruise pictures!!!! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was a fun Christmas! Hunter is so into Lightning too. We have our own collection! And, I'm not proud to say, he watched the dvd so many times that it no longer works. . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOpe you had a great time on your cruise! Can't wait too see your tan face. I am so glad to know I am not the only one that has two sons (one a little bigger than the other.) Looks like a fanulous Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pictures! Tyson and his Cars.. It cracks me up! It kind of reminds me of how I watched Little Mermaid at least once a day when I was little. :) Good thing you got a picture of the only nativity Tyson would participate in. Ha ha silly silly boy.

    ReplyDelete