Friday the nurses started noticing that he would turn 'dusky' (blue) when he'd eat. We kept watching him and Saturday morning he was put in NICU hooked up to monitors to watch his oxygen levels. They started ordering test after test trying to figure out what was wrong. His CT scan on his brain came back great although he does have a large soft spot on his left side that will have to be re-checked at 6 months to make sure it closed up right. They said not to worry about this and had nothing to do with his breathing. His test on his heart came back great. Then came the x-ray on his lungs which showed pneumonia. They said there must have been a small amount of bacteria in the amniotic fluid that sat there too long and started an infection. As bad and as hard as this was to hear, it was actually good news and easily treatable with no long term side effects. He has to have antibiotics through an IV for 7 days. So that is where we are at now. Day 4. It has been probably the toughest 6 days of my life. I drive to the hospital 3-4 times a day to feed him, then pump at night and they feed him that the next night. The kids are not allowed in the NICU so it is hard on them. I think Tyson seriously thinks we accidently left him there. He keeps asking if we'll go get him :). We feel very blessed that it has not been something more serious. We have been so blessed to have so many family, friends, and neighbors helping with the kids, bring meals, and many phone calls and visits. We thank our Heavenly Father for our sweet baby and look forward to being able to bring him home Sunday morning.
The first 4 pictures are more current. The rest are in order from birth-















Congrats! He's handsome! That's scary that he had pneumonia as a brand newborn. But I'm glad he'll be ok once his treatment is done. And Yeah for being a tough woman-- 9 lbs. whew...how did you do that? :D
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you posted pictures I have been waiting to see your sweet baby boy. I had no idea he was still in the hospital!! I am so glad he is okay. Maddy had pneumonia when she was born and it was hard but I was like you just glad it wasn't anything more serious. I cannot believe he was 9 lbs!!! He is adorable congratulations I am so excited for you.
ReplyDeletecongratulations. that breaks my heart to hear that you have to leave him in the hospital. im so sorry. but wow!!!!!........9lbs. you are so small. is that possible. congrats. can't wait to see more pictures.
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry to hear Grant is in the hospital! I have been checking daily for pics and am happy we get to see him. What a cutie! Must be hard for you all not to have him home. We are praying for a quick and full recovery! Love you guys!!
ReplyDeletestacey-i cannot believe you had a baby that large. that is amazing! i love his name and he looks like the most precious thing ever. makes me so baby hungry.i am sure the last week has been the toughest thing! i just cannot even imagine. please let me know how i can help...with anything.
ReplyDeleteps thanks for the invite. (;
Congratulations! So where do these big babies come from? Seriously! I'm so glad that he is doing okay and that there was nothing more serious going on. I hope he gets to come home soon! Take care of yourselves!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable!!! I'm SO sorry that you had to go through that. How scary! I'm glad that it wasn't something more serious. I hope that he has recovered well and is healthy and happy! I still can't believe you could fit a 9 pound baby inside you- you never look very big! Congrats :)
ReplyDelete