Tuesday, January 10, 2012

December

  Wow, I can't believe I'm summing up such a busy month with so few pictures...

First off, here's a few of Grant with 'long hair'. We normally keep the boys' hair pretty short but it was cute for a few days :) The second picture he decided to rub his dinner in it... not sure why... he had never done that before and has never since, thankfully. He must have been full and thought he'd do a little art :)

 We got a big snowfall the middle of the month and the boys loved watching the tractor clear the cul-de-sac.
 We put a bid in on a trailer that was a repo at our credit union in Nov. and found out the week before Christmas that we got it! We've been looking for a little while but didn't ever think we'd get this good of a deal. Andrew and the 3 older kids slept in it one night to try it out and they all loved it. I think it will be good for our family to get away and spend time together next summer.

 A couple weeks before Christmas this little elf we named 'Reggie' appeared on our doorstep. We had so much fun with him throughout the Christmas season.
 We had Christmas Eve breakfast at Schwieder's. The kids put on a cute nativity for us and grandpa played his harmonica. I wish we all got together more often.
 Christmas Eve night we had dinner at my parents and then drove around looking at Christmas lights-


 My parents surprised the kids and had a new air hockey table set up downstairs. That makes a pool table, ping-pong, foosball, and air-hockey now. Lucky kids have their own game room at grandma & grandpa's!
 Christmas morning...trying to get dad out of bed!!




I plugged in the camera batteries to charge and then forgot to take them out for the rest of the day's pictures! It was so nice to have Christmas on Sunday. I loved that we set everything aside and went to celebrate the real meaning of the holiday before opening presents. Later we got to skype with Andrew's parents, then went to my parents and grandparents. I think I like Christmas season better than the actual day. The day goes by too fast, but we had a good one :)
Andrew's parents came for New Year's weekend and we had a lot of fun staying up and celebrating with them. We played games, ate way too much and watched Kung Fu Panda 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment