My parents were in charge of the Davies reunion this year. They rented the Pine Basin lodge, and boy did it bring back a lot of memories (good and bad)! I went to summer camps there two years in a row when I was 5th grade or so. Hallie chose not to go this year and the second she walked inside she was so glad she had made that choice! The place has not changed a bit, especially not the mattresses.
We, of course, had a fabulous time though! We were also celebrating our grandparents 60th wedding anniversary that weekend which was very special. My cousin put together a phtot book that we all worked together making for them. It turned out awesome and they loved it.
Malarie was on this major 'find-every-bug-out-there-and-save-it-for-a-pet' kick which my kids were hesitant about at first but soon jumped in. They had bugs in all kinds of "homes".
The theme was "60's" and my dad did a great job cutting out cute words for everyone to paint. He also had several 60's trivia games.Cousins picture- Demetri, Madelynn, Tyson, Darian, Grant, Malarie, & Janessa
We enjoyed wading in the creek a few times.
S'mores Friday night of course! I've had more s'mores this summer than I think I have my entire life :) Good thing they're delicious.
Along with the 60's theme, everyone brought stuff to tie-dye..
Boys and the dirt...at least I always knew where they were :) This is Braxton, Kolbin, Ty, and G
I love these people so much- Dad, Alesia, Renee, Blair, and Grandpa & Grandma
Ty & Brooklyn on the much-fought-over tire swing!
More 60's games. Grandma and Alesia taught the girls how to play marbles.
Group wading picture-
Fun weekend! Wish we saw them all more often.












No comments:
Post a Comment