Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend was great! On Saturday my mom & I went to the Musical Parade of Homes. I LOVED it! The normal fall Parade of Homes I look forward to all year, but I've never been to this one. It's not all new homes but just homes that are decorated cute. I actually thought it was better because some of the homes in the fall are not decorated, or decorated from a design store, which gets way too fancy for my taste. But there were some really cute ideas. I know I'm weird but I LOVE looking at people's homes! In fact, when I see someone at a store that has cute hair or clothes I'm always like- I really want to see her house! OK, I think you get the point.

Mother's Day was so nice this year. Hallie had 4 presents for me from school & Ness had made a cute thing from school also, so they were SO excited for me to open them! Then Andrew woke up early and made a yummy breakfast while I got ready for church. When I came out the table was all set and he had a dozen roses as the center piece! I usually get him something on holidays, but his gifts are always more thoughtful!

I have the best mom in the world! I'm not just saying that. She is always there when I need her and she loves our kids like her own. I don't know what I'd do without her. This year my sister, brothers, and I got her this table made by my friend Hanna. She did such a great job! She makes all kinds of cute crafts! I just gave her the dimensions and it turned out perfect! Thanks Hanna- she loved it!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. I absolutely love that table that Hannah made. She is amazing. I bet your mom loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna did a great job on the table. I'm glad you had a good mother's day. I can't wait until Carter makes me things at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanna is going to be busy busy, with all the orders for those tables! LOVE it! I bet your mom did too!! Glad you had a great Mother's Day Stace!! You have the sweetest kids and way to go Andrew too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day! That was really nice of Andrew to make you breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete