Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random Pics...

We've taken a few funny pictures lately. For family home evening last week we had a bubble blowing contest and, ya', Andrew won. He did cheat though- he had 4 pieces of gum! Ugh! My sister made this cute paint bucket full of FHE ideas for Christmas and this is what Janessa chose for the evening.
Yesterday for St. Patrick's Day Hallie & Janessa wanted shamrocks painted on their cheeks. What an artist :) JK

Then, yesterday we got Tyson some new unders so he (I) can start potting training. I've been dreading this for a long time. I know he's ready, I'm the one that's not ready :) So wish us luck and if you have any tips on potty training boys I'm all ears!!

10 comments:

  1. What a funny picture of all of them wearing the undies on their heads! Good luck with the potty training...I totally know how you feel when you say that you are the one not ready...been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on potty training. Its always fun. Love teh pics that a big bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the funny pics!! I can't help you with potty training a boy, but I hope everything goes well for you!! Just think once he is done you may never have to potty train anyone ever again.....good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are great. Put a cherrio in the toilet. It will give hime something to aim for. We can't wait to see you guys in May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had a good tip, but I don't. Expect it to be messier than it was with the girls:) We have the same undies- it has taken me weeks to stop calling them panties. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only advice I would have for Tyson is make him sit down at first! They are messy. Jaden loves bubble gum and when he was potty training I had a little gum ball machine. Whenever he would go in the potty he got a gum ball. It worked great for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well- the thing with boys is that they all do it at their own pace and they get it everywhere! STILL!!! The nice is thing about boys is that they can go outside when you're camping or other places like that. Good luck- I'm sure he'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Stacey, I helped potty train several boys when I taught preschool. Nathan already shared the Cheerio idea. Here are some others:

    Make a potty chart. Each time he goes, he can put a sticker on the chart. When a certain number is reacher (20, 50, whatever you want) give him a small gift or treat.

    Potty pennies-each time a child goes potty each day, put a penny in a jar. At the end of the day, the child can "trade" the pennies for M&Ms or put the pennies in a gumball machine if you have one and get a treat.

    Have him sit at first and then when he does stand, have him lean over holding the top of the toilet. You will get less pee on the floor this way.

    When he does have an accident, have him help you clean by putting his dirty clothes in the hamper or helping you wipe up any pee that gets on the floor.

    Be prepared that boys often potty train in two stages. It can sometimes be months after peeing on the potty is standard before they get #2 under control.

    Have patience and good luck. Can't wait to see you guys!

    Love,

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started Tyce over a month ago. He will go when I make him, but how do you get him to recognize the feeling? Let me know if you figure that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun family you have! Hope I can be a good fun mom like you are! Love the FHE bucket idea! I'll have to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete