This post is going to be huge! I think I uploaded 40+ pictures but I didn't want to skip anything. Steven & Micaela were married on Thurs. Aug. 18th in the Portland temple. We were able to go Tues. night through Sun., spending a night in Boise on the way there and back. We have been looking forward to this trip for a long time and it was so worth the wait!
The kids were so good in the car. I was really not looking forward to all the driving with Grant but as long as he had a bink and his blankie he was pretty good.
The drive from Boise to Portland was so pretty. The highway follows a river part of the way. We got a new camera before we left so some of these pictures are amazing to me because I wouldn't have gotten them with our other camera, especially out a moving car window :) I have also taken 2 photography classes so hopefully I can keep getting better at using it.
We took a little scenic detour that went past these 2 waterfalls. They were so beautiful and it was perfect to get out of the car for a little while.
Thurs. at noon was the wedding. It was a perfect day. Steven & Micaela were so cute and we're so happy for them. We took a lot of pictures on the temple grounds and tried really hard to get a new family picture :)
Thurs. evening we drove across town to a children's science center/museum called OMSI. The kids had a lot of fun there and the drive was really cool especially over the river.
Fri. morning we got up early so we could go to the coast before the reception. We stopped at Cannon Beach but it was so early and cold that we just kept driving and went to Tillamook first. We loved the cheese factory. It was awesome to see all they did to make cheese and of course have ice cream!
Afterwards, we stopped at Rockaway Beach and walked to the water. It was 50 something degrees and windy but we couldn't resist. This is where our camera battery ran out...so sad, I wanted a million more pictures...!
We enjoyed the evening at the reception. They had a movie on in the nursery, bubbles, and lots of yummy food. Grant probably ate a hundred grapes that night.
We left Sat. morning so we could spend the evening with Andrew's family, then left for home Sun..
Here's Grant's final thoughts of being in the car so much......(with his scab from falling out of the stroller at the temple) ...time to go home!! -He was the only one who wanted to though :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment